Are you trying to decide whether to use fiber optic cables or copper cables for the network cabling infrastructure for your Denver business? While copper has been the tried and true solution for many years, there is a new sheriff in town. Fiber optics have revolutionized the communications industry, but don’t just take our word for it. The following is a list of the top 5 reasons to choose fiber optic cables over copper cables for your business:
- Efficiency- Copper can’t compete with the efficiency of fiber optic cables. Fiber optics allow for more information to be sent over a further distance, at a faster speed, and with a higher level of fidelity.
- Security- Fiber optics are a lot more difficult to tap than their copper counterparts. This gives your company and your data a lot more security.
- Less electrical interference- Copper is a great tool if you want to conduct electricity, but unfortunately it makes it a lot more susceptible to electrical interference. Fiber optic cables are resistant to both climate conditions and electrical interference, which makes them uniquely capable of being placed in a variety of environments, and they can even be placed outdoors!
- Cost- While the initial cost of installation fiber optic cabling may be more, there are many ways in which it can save you money over time. Fiber optic cabling is less expensive to maintain, requires less networking hardware, can perform at a higher level, and has less downtime than copper.
- Space- Fiber optic cables are generally smaller, thinner, and a lot more durable than cable. The smaller size of a fiber optic cable makes it easier to handle, and it will take up less space than copper.